Name:
Location: Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada

Monday, December 06, 2004

Parties and Entertaining

My wife and I went to my company Christmas party last night. It was, like most company Christmas parties, awkward at first and settled into comfortable companionship as the drinks flowed and food was consumed.

If it weren't for alcohol, I'm sure most company Christmas parties would end up being awkward all night.

Gifts were exchanged, in the classic sort of rounds where anyone could take a new present or someone elses, it wouldn't be fun if we couldn't shaft someone with "the gift no-one in their right mind wants", like the spongebob oral-armpit-rectal thermometer I ended up with at first.

Thankfully, I was able to dump spongebob and grab a candle lamp with butterflies on it that insured that last night would not be a couch night, as my wife collects butterfly stuff.

So - the season of parties and entertaining has started - we'll see how it goes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home