Name:
Location: Quesnel, British Columbia, Canada

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Great Military Adventure - Continues. Pt 2

I've been doing some research, and some thinking. I'm having doubts (I knew I would) about my decision, but then thinking about it, I havn't actually made a decision yet either. I would say I'm about 80% decided.

Yesterday talking with some friends we discussed which aspect of the service I'd be joining, and what sort of job I'd want. I really don't know.

I like the idea of Navy - I love water and have a deep seated urge to see the seas. That being said long deployments don't tend to sit well with loved ones (ie. my wife and future children) so there are of course positives and negatives.

As to Army - well Infantry Soldier and Armoured Soldier both appeal but don't leave one with nearly as many usefull civilian skills when I do decide to leave the Forces. That being said I still plan on completing my BA and teaching - so maybe it doesn't matter as much.

As to physical exercise I signed up at here and they seem to have some good info, even though they are tied into the US Military. I also have my first week at the Gym planned out. I'll be going Thursday and Friday this week, then my regular schedule for 4-6 weeks will be Monday, T uesday and Thursday. I plan on working on Cardio on Mondays, Upper Body on Tuesdays and a combo of full body and cardio on Thursdays, hence the day of rest in between.

After 4-6 weeks I plan to move to 5 days a week with two rest days - probably Saturday/Sunday will be my rest days. I don't have much more planned than that for now. I'll be making a doctors appointment this week and holding off on a nutritionist for a little while while I keep a food diary - so I can see where I'm going wrong.

Back to work. I'm feeling pretty good today though, thanks to my long walks yesterday and my slightly healthier food I've been consuming over the last couple of days I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home